Thursday, April 23, 2015

My Bookish Pet Peeves


Good morning!
Lately I’ve been feeling really uninspired, so I decided to share some of my bookish pet peeves, so let’s begin.
1.       Love Triangles.      I know love triangles are really hot these day, but I seriously hate them. And not just in books, but also movies etc. Personally, I think it’s too much drama for my taste and almost all of them are the same. Two hot guys crushing on a naïve, self-conscious girl who can’t make up her mind throughout half story. Just pick one freacken guy and stay with him!

I don’t think that was grammatically correct, but my engrish is terrible, so yea.

2.       Annoying Characters. I really dislike needy or cocky protagonists.
3.       Names I can’t pronounce. If I can’t pronounce a name, I can’t get attach to the characters…. Is that weird?...
4.       Instant love.  I think relationships are more genuine and cute if there’s more development.
5.       Cover Changes. Actually, this could be a hit or miss. For example the Throne of glass cover change was absolutely beautiful, but Across the Universe….. sigh….  I just like my series to match mainly.
6.       Crony Titles. I cannot explain how much of a turn off this is for me…. The title and the cover is the first thing you see… if I see a corny title on a shelf, I would totally ignore it.
Sorry, that was rather short, but I don’t have much to say. Hope you guys enjoyed that and bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment